Dublin Food Growing - Food Security from the Ground Up
7:30 to 9:30pm, 21st Feb 2008
Venue: Cultivate Center, 15 - 19 Essex St West, Temple Bar, Dublin 8
Please come along if you live in or around Dublin and:
- are concerned about food security in a time of high energy costs
- want to reduce the climate impact of our food systems
- are concerned about rising food prices and economic insecurity
- have a desire to empower yourself by growing your own food
- want to campaign for more and better allotments in Dublin
- are involved in an existing food growing project
- want to share your food growing experiences with others
This meeting will establish Dublin Food Growing, an organisation dedicated to food security, advocacy, research, policy, networking and education.
We want to enable and encourage people to grow more food, either for themselves or others, in back gardens, community gardens, allotments, schools and institutions, parks, urban infill sites, farmland around Dublin, on balconies and roofs, in window boxes - anywhere that plants will grow!
Currently nobody is taking responsibility for ensuring that Dublin's population has an adequate supply of nutritious food, it's up to us to help build Dublin's food security from the ground up.
The meeting will start with an introduction to various existing food growing and education projects. This will be followed by a discussion about the possibilities for Dublin Food Growing and where best to focus our efforts.
Bruce Darrell 087 227 0359
Morag Friel 087 255 8106